Sinopec selects Veolia for 25-year contract to optimize the water cycle in its Yanshan Petrochemical complex, located in a high water stress region 50 km from Beijing.
Yanshan Petrochemical, a fully owned Sinopec subsidiary, and Veolia are creating a joint venture dedicated to the project which will employ 800 people.
The petrochemical complex is one of the largest production bases of synthetic rubber, synthetic resin, phenol acetone and high-quality refined oil products in China. It processes over 10 million tonnes of crude oil and produces 800,000 tonnes of ethylene annually.
Already in partnership for several years, Veolia and Beijing Yanshan Petrochemical are now extending their partnership to the entire management of the water cycle on the Yanshan site, including cooling water, demineralized water, industrial water, drinking water, chilled water, waste water and firefighting water. The goal is to optimize water consumption and increase the water recycling rate to reduce the site’s water footprint.
- CBCSD and Members Participated and Suggested on the Project for Technical Regulation on Low-carbon Pilot Community
- CBCSD and Members Participated in the APEC Cooperation Network Construction Forum of Green Supply Chain
- Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises & Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Water Network of Chemical Enterprises
- CBCSD Attended the Workshop for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and Delivered Introductions
- WBCSD: Tackling the Challenge, How to Make Informed Choices on Forest Product?
- The National New-Type Urbanization Plan Released, Board Members of CBCSD Help the Sustainable Development of Cities
- Board members of CBCSD Actively Participated in the Carbon Trading and International Climate Change Process
- Two industrial Standards Compiled by CBCSD Passed Examination
- Widespread Use of the Achievements Businesses Energy Saving and Greenhouse Gas Management
- CBCSD held Chemical industry enterprise value chain (range 3) greenhouse gas emissions, accounting and reporting guidelines