The Calculation Method of CO2 Emission in Petrochemical Production (SH/T5000 – 2011) compiled by CBCSD was released for nearly three years and was widely used in businesses belong to Sinopec, CNPC and CNOOC. The CO2 emission of chemical plate in Sinopec was calculated in a standard way. The software designed was easy to carry out the calculation and some enterprises even set the corporation standard based on this document. Meanwhile, great effect has also been achieved in Sinopec and CNOOC.
The Twelfth Five Year Plan of Controlling Greenhouse Gas Emission issued by the State Council proposed the calculating system on national, local and business level, and carried out direct report of the emission figure of key corporations. In October, 2013, NDRC issued the Calculating and Reporting Guidance relating to more than 10 industries, before the end of 2014, it is expected that other guidance will be released relating to petrochemical, oil and gas industries. On December 12, 2014, NDRC on Climate Change Department website released the Interim Procedures of Carbon Emission Trading Management, which became the first legal document adopted in national carbon market. It said that two level management would be carried out on State Council Carbon Trading Management Department and the provincial one. The distribution total would be set up by the State Council, and the provincial development and reform commission will be in charge of the emission report and inspection. Government will set up market adjusting mechanism.
CBCSD will keep carrying out carbon trading researches with member enterprises such as petrochemical, iron and steel and cement ones and contribute to the implementation of the national policy from the perspective of practical use to promote carbon management.
- CBCSD and Members Participated and Suggested on the Project for Technical Regulation on Low-carbon Pilot Community
- CBCSD and Members Participated in the APEC Cooperation Network Construction Forum of Green Supply Chain
- Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises & Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Water Network of Chemical Enterprises
- CBCSD Attended the Workshop for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and Delivered Introductions
- WBCSD: Tackling the Challenge, How to Make Informed Choices on Forest Product?
- The National New-Type Urbanization Plan Released, Board Members of CBCSD Help the Sustainable Development of Cities
- Board members of CBCSD Actively Participated in the Carbon Trading and International Climate Change Process
- Two industrial Standards Compiled by CBCSD Passed Examination
- Widespread Use of the Achievements Businesses Energy Saving and Greenhouse Gas Management
- CBCSD held Chemical industry enterprise value chain (range 3) greenhouse gas emissions, accounting and reporting guidelines