2015 is an important year for the international community focus on low-carbon development. The 21st UN Climate Change Conference (COP 21) will be convened on November 30th in Paris, governments expect to reach consensus on greenhouse effect mitigation and common actions on that conference; the “Paris Agreement” centered low-carbon and environment has a current and long term significance; more importantly, to raise solutions for public-private partnerships so as to promote the low-carbon economy worldwide. The Chinese government pays high attention to the climate change and low-carbon development. Several plans and action schemes have been launched since 2004 and the national carbon trading market is going to be established in 2016. As the main body of carbon trading, enterprises participation is crucial to ensure the efficiency and success of national carbon market.
Since 2008, CBCSD has been conducting the research and projects on greenhouse gas management. So far, there are five by-sector voluntary standards for the calculation method of greenhouse gas emission successfully developed and widely used in the industries of petroleum, chemical, cement and industrial water network. Meanwhile, CBCSD has integrated advanced technologies and rich practical experiences across industries and launched projects such as urban By-Product Synergy, Urban Infrastructure Initiative, etc., since 2011. Great achievements have been made and recognitions from NDRC, MOHURD and international organizations have been received. CBCSD has accumulated successful experiences of business carbon management and low-carbon transition.
CBCSD plans to combine the expertise of the petrochemical, power, iron &steel and cement industries, etc., and conducting activities such as study and analysis for enterprises participation in carbon trading, trainings for carbon management to as to create conditions for carbon trading market and push forward the development of national carbon market. Cooperation has also been conducted by CBCSD with China Low-carbon Alliance, WBCSD and French Business Environment Council to boost the exchanges between Chinese business and international community and demonstrate the leading solutions and actions of Chinese enterprises.
The industry standard of The Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Production passed the expert panel review meeting, after modifying based on the 2006 National Guidance on GHG List from IPCC and Outline for the Petroleum Industry GHG Emission Methodology from API, and the modified version was submitted to the Standardization Committee for approval on January 20.
- CBCSD and Members Participated and Suggested on the Project for Technical Regulation on Low-carbon Pilot Community
- CBCSD and Members Participated in the APEC Cooperation Network Construction Forum of Green Supply Chain
- Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises & Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Water Network of Chemical Enterprises
- CBCSD Attended the Workshop for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and Delivered Introductions
- WBCSD: Tackling the Challenge, How to Make Informed Choices on Forest Product?
- The National New-Type Urbanization Plan Released, Board Members of CBCSD Help the Sustainable Development of Cities
- Board members of CBCSD Actively Participated in the Carbon Trading and International Climate Change Process
- Two industrial Standards Compiled by CBCSD Passed Examination
- Widespread Use of the Achievements Businesses Energy Saving and Greenhouse Gas Management
- CBCSD held Chemical industry enterprise value chain (range 3) greenhouse gas emissions, accounting and reporting guidelines