On December 23, 2014, the National Technical Standardization Committee of Environmental Protection of Petroleum and Natural Gas held standard experts examine meeting, on which the Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises, compiled by CBCSD passed examination. This industrial standard will be submitted to the Technical Standardization Committee after being improved according to the experts’ opinions. The Calculation Method of CO2 Emission for Chemical Enterprises Water Network compiled by CBCSD passed experts examination at National standardization technical committee in chemistry water processing session on November 13, 2014. The standard drafting group has now finished modification and submitted it to the Committee.
The Chinese government always attaches great importance to tackling climate change. Several policies and initiative are being complied and implemented, including National Plan for Addressing Climate Change, Scheme for Controlling Greenhouse Gas Emission in the Twelves Five Year Plan and National Strategy for Adapting Climate Change. Also, the Chinese government vigorously promotes energy conservation and carbon reduction, ecological construction and establishes low carbon pilot projects in order to enhance the capability in tackling climate change. In order to follow the national policies in promoting green and low carbon development, strengthening calculation of greenhouse gas emission, CBCSD has been exploring in formulating calculation method of greenhouse gas emission in petrochemical, cement and chemical industries since 2010. The method acts as the national industrial standard after being rectified by government departments, and provides technical support and action standard for the energy conservation and emission reduction of Chinese businesses.
- CBCSD and Members Participated and Suggested on the Project for Technical Regulation on Low-carbon Pilot Community
- CBCSD and Members Participated in the APEC Cooperation Network Construction Forum of Green Supply Chain
- Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises & Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Water Network of Chemical Enterprises
- CBCSD Attended the Workshop for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and Delivered Introductions
- WBCSD: Tackling the Challenge, How to Make Informed Choices on Forest Product?
- The National New-Type Urbanization Plan Released, Board Members of CBCSD Help the Sustainable Development of Cities
- Board members of CBCSD Actively Participated in the Carbon Trading and International Climate Change Process
- Two industrial Standards Compiled by CBCSD Passed Examination
- Widespread Use of the Achievements Businesses Energy Saving and Greenhouse Gas Management
- CBCSD held Chemical industry enterprise value chain (range 3) greenhouse gas emissions, accounting and reporting guidelines