The Fourth Green Growth Knowledge Platform Annual Conference opens today, focusing on the theme of, 'Transforming Development through Inclusive Green Growth'. From 6-7 September 2016, top academics will join key policy makers through a mix of 26 plenary debates and parallel sessions to jointly examine newly developed research on the most effective and innovative means of promoting pro-poor, inclusive green growth.
While 2015 represented a landmark year for achieving ambitious government commitments, resulting in adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs), the Paris Climate Agreement, and the Addis Ababa Action Agenda, the challenge has now shifted to implementation and turning commitments into action. In order to scale-up inclusive green growth solutions that respond to these commitments, policymakers, academics and practitioners need to work together.
The Fourth GGKP Annual Conference will provide a key opportunity for leading governments, organizations and experts to come together to identify, discuss and debate the latest research and policy solutions. In particular, the discussions will explore how to ensure that the pursuit of green growth is equitable and inclusive.
During the conference over 30 research papers will be presented, debated and discussed, and participants will hear from close to 100 speakers. Key speakers at this conference include the Honorable Mary Robinson, President of the Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice and Former President of Ireland; Yvo de Boer, Director-General of the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI); Christian Kastrop, Director of Policy Studies, Economics Department at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD); Ligia Noronha, Director of the Division of Technology, Industry, and Economics at the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP); Marianne Fay, Chief Economist for Sustainable Development at the World Bank; Pavan Sukhdev, Founder and CEO, GIST Advisory; and many more.
This year’s conference is hosted by GGGI and forms a major part of the Global Green Growth Week 2016 (#GGGWeek2016), taking place from 5-9 September 2016 at the International Convention Center on Jeju Island, Republic of Korea. For the Annual Conference, GGGI has partnered with the global university network Environment for Development (EfD) to ensure a wide range of views and research are represented at the event.
Sessions will address key challenges faced in ensuring green growth is inclusive, including around strategy and policy, inclusive business and finance, participation and empowerment, as well as sector focuses on cities, energy and water.
- CBCSD and Members Participated and Suggested on the Project for Technical Regulation on Low-carbon Pilot Community
- CBCSD and Members Participated in the APEC Cooperation Network Construction Forum of Green Supply Chain
- Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises & Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Water Network of Chemical Enterprises
- CBCSD Attended the Workshop for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and Delivered Introductions
- WBCSD: Tackling the Challenge, How to Make Informed Choices on Forest Product?
- The National New-Type Urbanization Plan Released, Board Members of CBCSD Help the Sustainable Development of Cities
- Board members of CBCSD Actively Participated in the Carbon Trading and International Climate Change Process
- Two industrial Standards Compiled by CBCSD Passed Examination
- Widespread Use of the Achievements Businesses Energy Saving and Greenhouse Gas Management
- CBCSD held Chemical industry enterprise value chain (range 3) greenhouse gas emissions, accounting and reporting guidelines