On June 19-20, 2013, BPS Project Group (By-Product Synergy Project Group, which is made up of CBCSD and US BCSD) under China-US EcoPartnership held its first seminar in Qinhuangdao. The attending parties include many related administrations in Qinhuangdao, such as Environmental Protection Bureau, Development and Reform Commission, Land and Resources Bureau, Economic Development Bureau of the Development Zone, and Urban Management Bureau. A dozen of local enterprises from various industries including Alcoa, Miaogou Iron Mine, Linghai Power Station, and Asano Cement also attended the seminar.
Mr. Zhai Qi, Executive Sectary General of CBCSD introduced the project and its background to the participants. Mr. Wang Zongying, director of Qinhuangdao Environmental Protection Bureau briefly introduced the general information of Qinhuangdao and extended warm welcome to the project group, expressing willingness to support the project. BPS project group elaborated the principle, concept, content and steps of the project. Later on attending parties discussed the BPS project in detail based on their own situations and reached consensus on the work plan for the next step and on the primary major issues.
- CBCSD and Members Participated and Suggested on the Project for Technical Regulation on Low-carbon Pilot Community
- CBCSD and Members Participated in the APEC Cooperation Network Construction Forum of Green Supply Chain
- Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises & Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Water Network of Chemical Enterprises
- CBCSD Attended the Workshop for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and Delivered Introductions
- WBCSD: Tackling the Challenge, How to Make Informed Choices on Forest Product?
- The National New-Type Urbanization Plan Released, Board Members of CBCSD Help the Sustainable Development of Cities
- Board members of CBCSD Actively Participated in the Carbon Trading and International Climate Change Process
- Two industrial Standards Compiled by CBCSD Passed Examination
- Widespread Use of the Achievements Businesses Energy Saving and Greenhouse Gas Management
- CBCSD held Chemical industry enterprise value chain (range 3) greenhouse gas emissions, accounting and reporting guidelines