On September 28, 2015, a new Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data was officially launched on the margins of the UN General Assembly in New York. The Partnership brings together governments, private companies, academia, scientists and civil society in support of data-driven decision-making, by catalyzing more open, new and usable data to help end extreme poverty, combat climate change and promote inclusive growth. The Partnership will specifically look to provide more, better quality data to help monitor and achieve the new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
SDSN is a founding member of the Global Partnership and will be working to mobilize its network of knowledge institutions to contribute to better data and data-driven decision-making for sustainable development. In particular, SDSN’s new Thematic Group on Data for Sustainable Development will help the Partnership to think through the new data and information landscape, new data infrastructures, and data collection approaches.
The launch event, which took place at the historic Waldorf Astoria, brought together a wide array of companies (including Facebook, SAP, ESRI and Barclays), governments (the UK, Mexico, France, Kenya, the United States of America), multilateral institutions, academic institutes and organizations to share their commitments to the Partnership. For instance, senior representatives from PlanetLabs committed to make freely available earth observation and satellite imagery every day, while the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation committed US $2 million to the establishment of a permanent Secretariat.
- CBCSD and Members Participated and Suggested on the Project for Technical Regulation on Low-carbon Pilot Community
- CBCSD and Members Participated in the APEC Cooperation Network Construction Forum of Green Supply Chain
- Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises & Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Water Network of Chemical Enterprises
- CBCSD Attended the Workshop for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and Delivered Introductions
- WBCSD: Tackling the Challenge, How to Make Informed Choices on Forest Product?
- The National New-Type Urbanization Plan Released, Board Members of CBCSD Help the Sustainable Development of Cities
- Board members of CBCSD Actively Participated in the Carbon Trading and International Climate Change Process
- Two industrial Standards Compiled by CBCSD Passed Examination
- Widespread Use of the Achievements Businesses Energy Saving and Greenhouse Gas Management
- CBCSD held Chemical industry enterprise value chain (range 3) greenhouse gas emissions, accounting and reporting guidelines