On April 19th in Beijing, the Ministry of Civil Affairs held the 8th "China Charity Award" Ceremony to honor outstanding individuals, enterprises and charity projects which made remarkable contributions to the public welfare this year. SGCC was once again decorated as China's Most Charitable Organization, a celebratory title that the company had already received four times before, in 2006, 2008, 2009,2010 and 2011. As a result, this is the sixth time SGCC has been granted China's highest award in the sphere of charitable activities.
Established in 2005 and held every year, the China Charity Award honors remarkable individuals, organizations and charity projects whose contributions in areas of great societal value have been considerable. These areas include, amongst other things, disaster relief and medical assistance, as well as the provision of support to the elderly, the disabled, the orphans, the destitute, and underprivileged students, and a variety of activities in support of traditional arts and culture and environmental protection. This year, a total number of 100 individuals, enterprises and influential projects were rewarded for their kindheartedness. They were deemed the country's most charitable bodies following a complex selection procedure involving initial nominations and recommendations, preliminary selection by a panel of judges (the results of which were twice made public) and advice seeking from related departments.
Thus far, SGCC is the only central SOE to have received this award five times. This great privilege demonstrates official recognition of the company's incessant concern for corporate social responsibility, constant enthusiasm in improving public welfare, and relentless efforts towards becoming an outstanding corporate citizen. Since 2006, SGCC has implemented charity projects through the State Grid Love Foundation. For instance, 7000 disabled people have been given artificial limbs. 17 civil airports related to the Beijing Paralympic Games have been provided with 2955 wheelchairs, and 600 poverty-stricken children throughout the country have recovered their hearing. In addition, benevolent assistance projects for the elderly have been carried out, providing support to more than 10,000 seniors suffering from loneliness in Hubei, Chongqing, Sichuan, Gansu, Qinghai and Ningxia. "State Grid Loving Happy Homes" have been constructed throughout the country to guarantee the timely provision of services to the elderly, such as rehabilitation care, psychological comforting and emergency aid. Furthermore, SGCC has established 200 "State Grid Hope primary schools" to help impoverished students. According to incomplete statistics, the accumulated value of the funds and materials donated by SGCC over the last 6 years exceeds 1.6 billion yuan.
In order to further promote the conglomerated operation of charity undertakings and consolidate the unified platform for creating charity brand, SGCC founded the "State Grid Foundation for Public Welfare" in 2009 and refined some of the Foundation's basic regulations, including its mission statement, its work process, its projects, its financial system, its stamps, and its archive management. Overall, these changes have increased the efficiency of the Foundation's internal management, and consequently improved the development of its charitable operations. At present, over 50 million yuan have been donated through the Foundation.
- CBCSD and Members Participated and Suggested on the Project for Technical Regulation on Low-carbon Pilot Community
- CBCSD and Members Participated in the APEC Cooperation Network Construction Forum of Green Supply Chain
- Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises & Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Water Network of Chemical Enterprises
- CBCSD Attended the Workshop for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and Delivered Introductions
- WBCSD: Tackling the Challenge, How to Make Informed Choices on Forest Product?
- The National New-Type Urbanization Plan Released, Board Members of CBCSD Help the Sustainable Development of Cities
- Board members of CBCSD Actively Participated in the Carbon Trading and International Climate Change Process
- Two industrial Standards Compiled by CBCSD Passed Examination
- Widespread Use of the Achievements Businesse