The new certification was recently launched by TCO Development, an independent organization with over twenty years’ experience of sustainability certifications for IT products. Criteria in TCO Certified Smartphones are developed from a life cycle perspective, including requirements for socially responsible manufacturing practices and the reduction of hazardous material content and health/safety. Compliance with all criteria is verified by an independent, accredited third party.
The goal of TCO Certified Smartphones is to place higher sustainability demands on smartphones and make it easier for smartphone buyers to choose sustainably designed devices.
The fact that smartphone buyers want certified, responsibly produced devices has a direct effect on how smartphones are manufactured. Consumers have influence in how these products are made.
Further information: http://www.cbcsd.org.cn/xmhhd/shehui/dutypromote/20130213/58271.shtml
- CBCSD and Members Participated and Suggested on the Project for Technical Regulation on Low-carbon Pilot Community
- CBCSD and Members Participated in the APEC Cooperation Network Construction Forum of Green Supply Chain
- Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises & Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Water Network of Chemical Enterprises
- CBCSD Attended the Workshop for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and Delivered Introductions
- WBCSD: Tackling the Challenge, How to Make Informed Choices on Forest Product?
- The National New-Type Urbanization Plan Released, Board Members of CBCSD Help the Sustainable Development of Cities
- Board members of CBCSD Actively Participated in the Carbon Trading and International Climate Change Process
- Two industrial Standards Compiled by CBCSD Passed Examination
- Widespread Use of the Achievements Businesses Energy Saving and Greenhouse Gas Management
- CBCSD held Chemical industry enterprise value chain (range 3) greenhouse gas emissions, accounting and reporting guidelines