As an important part of the Sustainable and Livable Cities Initiative, the Chengdu Low-Carbon Development Blueprint Project focuses on exploring energy consumption and carbon emission pathways for Chengdu by 2030 to inform city administrators’ decision making. The research has produced complete findings based on cross-sector surveys, expert consultations and meticulous calculations and analysis. The project team held a review meeting on November 7 in Chengdu. ZHU Xiaowen, Deputy Director General of Chengdu DRC, Dr. LI Lailai, WRI China Country Director, and HU Xiulian, Research Fellow of the Energy Research Institute of NDRC all attended the event. Leaders from DRC, Bureau of Statistics, Economic and Information Committee, Energy Office, Construction Committee and Transport Committee of Chengdu, as well as experts from Chengdu Institute of Mountain Hazards of China Academy of Sciences, Sichuan Academy of Social Sciences, Chengdu Academy of Social Sciences and Chengdu Economic Information Center also joined the review meeting.
The WRI project team gave an overview of the blueprint project’s background, methodology, outcomes and recommendations. Leaders and experts fully recognized the results, and offered comments from the perspectives of macro-economic uncertainty; industrial development trends and service limit (activity level). The WRI team and local team pledged to cement cooperation and improve research findings to provide scientific support for medium and long-term planning and specific project planning in Chengdu.
- CBCSD and Members Participated and Suggested on the Project for Technical Regulation on Low-carbon Pilot Community
- CBCSD and Members Participated in the APEC Cooperation Network Construction Forum of Green Supply Chain
- Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises & Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Water Network of Chemical Enterprises
- CBCSD Attended the Workshop for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and Delivered Introductions
- WBCSD: Tackling the Challenge, How to Make Informed Choices on Forest Product?
- The National New-Type Urbanization Plan Released, Board Members of CBCSD Help the Sustainable Development of Cities
- Board members of CBCSD Actively Participated in the Carbon Trading and International Climate Change Process
- Two industrial Standards Compiled by CBCSD Passed Examination
- Widespread Use of the Achievements Businesses Energy Saving and Greenhouse Gas Management
- CBCSD held Chemical industry enterprise value chain (range 3) greenhouse gas emissions, accounting and reporting guidelines