In the second quarter of 2013, more than 458 companies issued corporate social responsibility reports.
There are 273 public listed companies issuing CSR reports, accounting for 60% of the total CSR reports. Among all, 133 companies are listed on Shanghai Stock Exchange, and 138 companies are listed on Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
259 state-owned enterprises release CSR reports, accounting for 56% of the total amount. There are 116 private companies and 77 joint ventures that release CSR reports.
Industries like manufacturing, chemistry, electric manufacturing, finance, smelting, and pharmaceutical production continue their performance as in last quarter, keeping a considerably large amount of release of CSR reports. At the same time, companies in industries like electricity issue more CSR reports compared with last quarter.
In the second quarter, companies from 31 provinces, municipality cities and autonomous regions in China issued CSR reports. Shanghai ranks first with 90 CSR reports, Beijing and Tianjin rank second with 50 reports.
Among the reports issued in the second quarter, 10 reports are independently reviewed by the third party, taking up 2% of the total.
Among the reports issued in the second quarter, 85 reports was written with reference to GRI guidelines, 59 reports with reference to CSR Report Writing Guidelines released by China Academy of Social Science. The reports referring to Compilation Guidelines for Companies fulfilling CSR promulgated by Shanghai Stock Exchanges and Guidelines for Public Listed Companies promulgated by Shenzhen Stock Exchange are 60 and 49 respectively.
- CBCSD and Members Participated and Suggested on the Project for Technical Regulation on Low-carbon Pilot Community
- CBCSD and Members Participated in the APEC Cooperation Network Construction Forum of Green Supply Chain
- Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises & Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Water Network of Chemical Enterprises
- CBCSD Attended the Workshop for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and Delivered Introductions
- WBCSD: Tackling the Challenge, How to Make Informed Choices on Forest Product?
- The National New-Type Urbanization Plan Released, Board Members of CBCSD Help the Sustainable Development of Cities
- Board members of CBCSD Actively Participated in the Carbon Trading and International Climate Change Process
- Two industrial Standards Compiled by CBCSD Passed Examination
- Widespread Use of the Achievements Businesses Energy Saving and Greenhouse Gas Management
- CBCSD held Chemical industry enterprise value chain (range 3) greenhouse gas emissions, accounting and reporting guidelines