On 23 October, L'Oréal announced a new commitment to transform the sustainability footprint of the company while achieving its business ambition by 2020.
L’Oréal’s ambition is to win 1 billion new consumers by means of its universalization strategy which aims to answer all the diverse beauty needs of men and women around the world. Part of the Group’s growth strategy is its commitment to produce more but with less impact and to engage consumers, who are at the heart of its business, to make sustainable choices by offering them products that are both sustainable and desirable. In order to achieve this, L’Oréal commits to improving every part of its value chain, from research to operations, while sharing its growth with the communities it touches through “Sharing Beauty With All”.
These commitments are the result of two years of exchange with various stakeholders throughout the world. L’Oréal will report regularly on its progress against each goal with the help of a panel of independent assessors, chaired by José Maria Figueres, an authority in the world of sustainability, and consisting of international experts.
Sharing Beauty With All is a commitment in four areas :
1. Innovating sustainably - By 2020, L'oreal will innovate so that 100% of products have an environmental or social benefit.
2. Producing sustainably - By 2020, L'oreal will reduce environmental footprint by 60 % whilst bringing beauty to one billion new consumers.
3. Living sustainably - By 2020, L'oreal will empower every L’Oréal consumer to make sustainable consumption choices while enhancing the beauty of the planet.
4. Developing sustainably
For more information, infographics and videos, view Sharing Beauty With All website.
- CBCSD and Members Participated and Suggested on the Project for Technical Regulation on Low-carbon Pilot Community
- CBCSD and Members Participated in the APEC Cooperation Network Construction Forum of Green Supply Chain
- Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Enterprises & Calculation Method of CO2 Emissions in Water Network of Chemical Enterprises
- CBCSD Attended the Workshop for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development and Delivered Introductions
- WBCSD: Tackling the Challenge, How to Make Informed Choices on Forest Product?
- The National New-Type Urbanization Plan Released, Board Members of CBCSD Help the Sustainable Development of Cities
- Board members of CBCSD Actively Participated in the Carbon Trading and International Climate Change Process
- Two industrial Standards Compiled by CBCSD Passed Examination
- Widespread Use of the Achievements Businesses Energy Saving and Greenhouse Gas Management
- CBCSD held Chemical industry enterprise value chain (range 3) greenhouse gas emissions, accounting and reporting guidelines